1. Who is eligible for me to refer to Windstream?
Any small business you know (services valued at $1,500 per month or less) in Windstream service areas that may have an interest in purchasing Windstream services and is not already a Windstream customer or actively engaged with Windstream.
2. Do I have to be a Windstream customer or Windstream employee to make referrals?
Yes, the Refer-A-Friend Program is exclusive to current Windstream small business customers with an authorized business representative who is of legal age (at least 18 years or older) and defined employees of Windstream. Employees, please see Windstream’s internal employee guidelines for further information. Local, state, and federal government small business customers (including any authorized representatives, employees and officials), as well as participants in USAC funding programs such as E-Rate and Rural Health Care, are not eligible to participate.
3. Do I need to know the small business I am referring?
While it’s not a requirement, as a professional courtesy Windstream highly recommends that you know and advise the small business and/or authorized representatives you refer to Windstream.
4. What if my referral is already in contact with the Windstream sales team?
Referrals must be a new Windstream introduction to an eligible small business that is not actively engaged with Windstream.
5. How many referrals can I make?
As many as you want to. There is currently no limit to the number of referrals you can submit to Windstream. For successful referrals, you may be required to complete certain documentation to receive your reward, for example, an IRS Form W-9 (if applicable) when your rewards exceed a certain amount per calendar year.
6. What are the different ways I can refer business associates?
Once you register and set up your My Account page at businessreferral.windstream.com
you will see five available referral methods. You can send an email, post on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn or suggest a lead referral and Windstream will call your referral within 24 hours of receiving your lead.
7. What do I receive for each successful referral?
For each successful Windstream referral, you will receive a $100 credit ($20/5 Months) on your Windstream invoice. Employees will receive rewards pursuant to Windstream’s internal employee guidelines.
8. Does the person I refer receive anything for signing up?
Yes! Windstream will reward both you and business associates you refer. Your successful referral will receive a $50 bill credit – our way of saying thanks for joining the Windstream family!
9. What is a successful referral?
A successful referral occurs when the eligible small business you refer becomes a Windstream customer by ordering qualifying service(s), remains active for 30 days after installation and pays its first bill for the qualifying service(s). All Refer-A-Friend Program Terms must be met to earn a referral reward.
10. Which Windstream Business services must my referral purchase for me to get my reward?
Your small business and/or authorized representative are free to purchase and enjoy any Windstream services; however, they must purchase Windstream High-Speed Internet service for you to qualify for the referral reward.
11. Once I make a referral, when do I receive my reward?
You will receive your reward approximately 45 days after the qualified referral service is installed, provided that the Refer-A-Friend Program Terms are met. Fulfillment times are estimates only and not guaranteed.
12. Do I have to remain a Windstream customer or be an active Employee to receive my referral reward?
Yes, you must keep your Windstream account in good standing or be an active Windstream employee to receive your reward.
13. What if I don’t receive my referral credit?
Customer’s may check the status of their referral by visiting businessreferral.windstream.com
at any time. If you’ve not received a bill credit after a successful referral, please call Customer Care at 1-877-401-0895.
14. Can I track my referrals?
Yes, you will be able to check the status of your lead referrals on your My Account page at businessreferral.windstream.com
and you will receive an email update each time the status changes on each of your referrals.
15. What if my referral does not become a Windstream customer?
Referral rewards are only issued for successful referrals.
16. Can I share this link with friends who want to refer someone to Windstream?
Sure! If you know a current Windstream small business customer who would like to refer a small business or authorized representative to Windstream, please share this link: businessreferral.windstream.com
17. What if I have questions about the Refer-A-Business program?
If you have additional questions, please call Windstream at 1-877-401-0895 and we will be happy to help you.
© 2018 Windstream Services, LLC. All rights reserved. Windstream and the Windstream logo are registered service marks of Windstream Services, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.