Windstream Refer-A-Business Program Terms
PLEASE READ THESE WINDSTREAM REFER-A-BUSINESS PROGRAM TERMS (“PROGRAM TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE WINDSTREAM REFER-A-BUSINESS PROGRAM (“PROGRAM”). THESE PROGRAM TERMS ARE BETWEEN YOU AND WINDSTREAM COMMUNICATIONS, LLC, OR THE ENTITY THAT APPEARS ON YOUR BILL (“WINDSTREAM,” “WE,” “US,” OR “OUR”). YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF ALL PROGRAM TERMS.
- Eligibility and Program Summary. The Program is designed to reward existing Windstream small business customers for referring new Windstream small business customers who order qualifying services from us valued at $1,500 per month or less (“Small Business Customer(s)”), as further specified below. Incentives for Program participation are offered through a one-time invoice credit based on the number of qualified referrals. For purposes of the Program, "qualifying services" are Windstream-branded High-Speed Internet services (ordered as a stand-alone service or as part of a bundle plan). To be eligible to participate, you must have an authorized business representative be of legal age (based on your respective state, at least 18 years or older), keep your Windstream account(s) in good standing and registered on and using the MyAccount page on the Windstream Refer-A-Business website located at https://businessreferral.windstream.com (“Program Website”) with access to the Internet and a valid email address. Existing EarthLink non-residential customers (without a Windstream account) are not eligible to participate in the Program and these Program Terms do not apply to the EarthLink Refer a Friend Program (also known as the EarthLink Referral Program). Local, state, and federal government Small Business Customers (including any authorized representatives, employees and officials), as well as participants in USAC funding programs such as E-Rate and Rural Health Care, are not eligible to participate in the Program. Only defined employees of Windstream and its affiliates and their respective agents, subagents, partners or distributors are eligible to participate in the Program, for more information please see Windstream’s internal employee guidelines.
- Participant Acceptance; Termination. Determinations regarding Program participation, including, without limitation, Program incentives, are at Windstream’s sole discretion and Windstream may change the Program Terms, terminate your participation in the Program or discontinue the entire Program, at any time, for any or no reason, with or without notice to you. If Windstream elects to provide notice, notice may be sent to your email address as stated in Section 12 of these Program Terms.
- Qualified Referrals; Payment; Taxes. Qualified referrals must (a) be new Small Business Customers to Windstream: for purposes of the Program, "new customer" does not include (i) a business that is a current customer of Windstream; (ii) a business that is a prospective customer of Windstream who Windstream is already engaged with; or (iii) a business that was a customer of Windstream within the 30 days immediately prior to the date a Windstream Refer-A-Friend email invitation was generated by the Program Website to that business; (b) satisfy all Windstream ordering requirements; (c) order at least one qualifying service from Windstream online by linking to the Windstream website through the email or personal link generated by the Program Website (orders that are not initiating from emails or links generated by the Program Website are not eligible); (d) maintain the qualifying service(s) active on its account for at least 30 consecutive days following installation and have paid its first bill in full for the qualifying service(s); and (e) have "cookies" enabled on the computer from which it orders the qualifying services. Eligible participants will be issued one invoice credit for each qualified referral Small Business Customer, regardless of how many qualifying services such Small Business Customer orders. The amount of such reward will be determined based upon Windstream’s current offer at the time of the applicable qualified referral's order from Windstream. The reward amount Windstream is offering may be changed by Windstream at any time prior to the order from a qualified referral with or without notice. The Program Website will contain information regarding Windstream's then-current offered reward amount. Such credit will be issued following Windstream's determination that a qualified referral has met all requirements and will be issued on the next billing invoice after qualification has been confirmed. Windstream may provide an estimated time frame but does not guarantee fulfillment within any estimated time frame. By participating in the Program, you agree that Windstream shall make the final determination in its sole discretion as to whether any referral meets all requirements to be considered a qualified referral. From time to time, Windstream may offer limited-time promotions which provide for increased Program incentives. They are subject to change without notice to you by updating the information on the Program Website.
Windstream reserves the right to limit the total incentive amount participants in the Program may earn per calendar year. You are responsible for any and all tax liability arising out of any Program incentives. If applicable, you may be required to complete and return IRS Form W-9 (and any other documentation that Windstream may require) in order to receive Program incentives.
- Program Use. Windstream will provide you with access to the Program, which you may use to track your referrals and determinations regarding potential Program incentives for such referrals; provided that, your use of the Program is strictly subject to the Program Terms. Windstream will update the Program with your account information periodically, including setting forth the email addresses to which you have sent an enrollment request email and whether a particular referral is a qualified referral (if so, this status indicates that a credit will be issued) or a determination is still pending. Windstream is not obligated to, and will not, release to you the reasons why a particular referral has not been deemed a qualified referral.
- CAN-SPAM Act Compliance. Windstream complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act and honors requests of consumers and customers who choose to opt out of receiving Windstream marketing emails. Accordingly, if you designate a referral email address that has previously opted out of receiving Windstream marketing emails, you will be advised that the email address is not eligible to be sent a Windstream Refer-A-Friend email.
- Confidentiality. In connection with your participation in the Program, you may receive confidential and proprietary information of Windstream, including sensitive customer data (“Information”). You will maintain all of such Information in strict confidence and use the Information only in connection with your participation in the Program.
- Independent Contractor Relationship. Your participation in the Program does not authorize you to act on Windstream’s or its affiliates' behalf. Nothing herein is intended or will be construed to constitute or imply a joint venture, employer-employee relationship, partnership or association between you and Windstream or its affiliates. By participating in the Program, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk and as an independent contractor and that Windstream is not directing how you perform your obligations hereunder.
- Trademarks. Other than with respect to materials provided in connection with your participation in the Program, your status as a participant in the Program does not entitle you to use any trademarks, copyrighted materials, patents, names, logos or other intellectual property owned or licensed by Windstream or its affiliates.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Windstream, its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, expenses, claims or liabilities of any kind, including third party claims, whether pending or threatened, including without limitation, attorneys' fees and court costs, incurred by any of them arising out of or related to your participation in the Program or breach of these Program Terms.
- Warranty Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PROGRAM IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND WINDSTREAM DISCLAIMS, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WINDSTREAM OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE UNDER THESE PROGRAM TERMS OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM FOR (A) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, USE, OR DATA AS A RESULT OF CLAIMS, WHETHER BROUGHT IN CONTRACT OR TORT, EVEN IF WINDSTREAM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (B) DAMAGES, IN AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF THE LESSER OF THE PROGRAM INCENTIVES PAID TO YOU IN THE THREE MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CLAIM OR $100.00 USD.
- Notices. Any written notices required or permitted to be given by Windstream hereunder may be delivered by email. By participating in the Program, you consent to delivery of all Program-related notices and information by email to the email address you have registered in the Program Website.
- Entire Agreement; Amendments. These Program Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Windstream with respect to the Program; provided that, these Program Terms are in addition to and do not in any way limit or alter any applicable terms and conditions governing your use of the Program. These Program Terms may be altered, changed or modified by Windstream at any time. Your continued participation in the Program after posting of any changes constitutes your acceptance of the changes. You should review these Program Terms from time to time to see if they have changed. If you do not agree to a change, your sole remedy is to cease participating in the Program.
- Acceptance and Jurisdiction. By participating in the Program, you agree that you have read, understand and will abide, and be bound, by these Program Terms. These Program Terms shall be governed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the State of Arkansas without regard to the conflict or choice of law rules thereof. The federal and state courts located in Pulaski County, Arkansas shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising hereunder and by participating in the Program you consent to same.
- General. You may not assign the right to participate in the Program to any other party. Windstream may assign these Program Terms or assign or delegate any of its rights or responsibilities hereunder to independent contractors or other third parties. The delay or failure of Windstream to enforce any right or remedy under these Program Terms, will not constitute a waiver of such right or remedy. If any part of these Program Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Program Terms will remain in effect.
© 2018 Windstream Services, LLC. All rights reserved. Windstream and the Windstream logo are registered service marks of Windstream Services, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Revised June 2018